2017 Irvine Memorial Classic
Alcoholic beverages, tobacco products and pets of any kind are not allowed at any playing venue. (These are facility rules.)
1) Unless otherwise noted below, FIFA “Laws of the Game” and USYSA playing rules will be used.
2) All games will be considered final and no protests will be allowed.
3) All teams will be scheduled for three games, with running time. The clock will start the scheduled kickoff time.
4) The length of the Birth Year 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 games will be 40 minutes with a 5-minute half time.
5) The length of the Birth Year 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, games will be 50 minutes with a 5-minute half time.
The 10 point scoring system will be used.
- Win = 6 points
- Tie = 3 points
- Loss = 0 points
- One point a shutout.
- One point for each goal scored, not to exceed (3) goals per game.
- One point each team for a (0-0) tie.
- A forfeit win will be scored 1-0. Teams which forfeit any game in pool play could have all of its games played scored as 0-1 losses.
If there are two teams tied in points at the end of the preliminary rounds, the following tie-breaker procedures will be implemented to determine a winner:
- Winner of head to head competition.
- Total goals against.(Three per game max.)
- Total goals scored. (No maximimum)
- FIFA penalty kicks
- Any game that determines if a team moves on to the next round cannot end in a tie and will be decided by FIFA penalty kicks.
- All Championship games that end in a tie will be decided by FIFA penalty kicks.
All teams must provide properly laminated league, state passes or necessary loan and/or travel papers.
- A team shall consist of at least (8)players.
- Player cards may be checked and rosters verified before each game.
- Maximum of eighteen (18) players on the roster.
- Unlimited loan players.
- All loan players must have the proper loan documents.
- Unlimited loan players.
- Home team will have the choice of sides.
- Home team shall provide the game ball.
- Home team will start the game with ball.
- Home team shall change jerseys if conflict of colors.
- All players must wear shin guards.
- Players, coach and parents shall be on opposite sides of the playing fields.
Unlimited substitutions will be allowed on any dead ball.
Any player or coach that is ejected from the playing area will be suspended for the next game. Depending on the severity for the reason of the ejection, the player or coach may be suspended for the remainder of the tournament.
Three points will be deducted for each ejection that is recorded.
If an unusual event results in a significant loss of game time, the lost game time may be rescheduled at the discretion of the Tournament Director. The rescheduling of the lost game time is subject to field availability. An example of an unusual event would be a major injury to a player, which prevented the use of the playing field. The Tournament defines a significant loss of game time as more than half of the game. An accumulation of time delays due to other injuries to several players would not constitute an unusual event nor will these delays be considered lost game time. An accumulation of time delays resulting from the normal course of a game will not be considered lost game time. Tournament Director / Site Manager may shorten games as necessary to make sure all matches scheduled on a given field are played. For example, a field running behind schedule due to an injury may have all remaining games shortened by few minutes each game so that each game gets played. Tournament Director or referee may suspend any match or tournament in consideration of safety to players or damage to fields in event of inclement whether under any circumstances. Please review Rainout policies.